Sunday 7 December 2014

My "if only" soda bread and hint of coconut cheese



If only I had kept THAT Recipe properly.. I would have been eating my homemade gluten, dairy and egg free soda bread today. But of course, I have not the slightest idea where that recipe is - I remember making it quite a few times last year (the Italian half did declare it was the best bread he'd had, ever...yeah, ok) but haven't made it at all for all of 2014! Yes, I can't remember having had any bread in 2014. Back to the recipe, All I remember is that I used an empty Nutella cup to measure one cup each of something. So I'm back to the drawing board, making it up all over again and quite a little more ruffled than usual. I liked that recipe because I came up with it out of the blue and it worked first time round - that's beginners luck which I don't think I will have this time round!

In the mean time, I did try my coconut ricotta - two ways, at that! I left it for 36 hours and it was about 1/3 the amount that came of of the can. I bunged it into the fridge for about 2 hours (whilst recreating my bread recipe). I split the coconut ricotta /cream cheese into two portions and mixed one with parmigiano flavoured salt (yes, I have about ten different types of salts and I just bought some white truffle salt, I'm sad like that), and my favourite green thing, chives. It was gone in just over a second and I didn't have to share with anyone.


The second way was mixed with icing sugar and raspberry sauce ala my barefoot idol, Ina Garten... I would increase the salt content a little (always more salt) and would say it was a complete triumph and completely polished off! Thank you Ina for homemade ricotta cheese inspiration, but we do blame you for devouring a whole can of coconut cream in 2 minutes.


I'll report back on THAT bread... 

No comments:

Post a Comment