Friday 5 December 2014

Dairy free homemade ricotta cheese, with more than a hint of coconut



I was watching tv the other day and came across home made ricotta cheese - how fascinating! Of course I wanted to make some straight away, and consulted the culinary gods with not a peep on dairy free versions. Ah well, we will make do with faithful research online and personal experiences of making homemade yoghurt (mum and I used to make it when we were younger), I am sure it cannot be too different a process... Armed with coconut cream, lemon juice, probiotic capsule and salt (yes, salt is the most important thing in food as drilled into me by Dad from a young age) all mixed together then left to strain in a cheese cloth or kitchen towel overnight in a dark place (like my oven)..



Sleep my beauty, sleep.. Fingers crossed that it turns out yum as it will be required for my next recipe!

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment