Friday 13 February 2015

A step backward and into a world of chocolate...



It's one of those weeks where the body needs bed rest and lots of food to recalibrate itself - at least that is what I'd rather call it, instead of the dreaded "setback". Having been almost bed ridden for half the week, I've realised that whilst leaving the house can be trying at times like these, I'm very adept at crawling from bed to kitchen and wonderfully artful at stuffing my face. So much so that I might call in the "secret eaters" police and claim I have no idea how I got to this stage - I positively eat too little, when I'm not eating... Those on the other side of the Atlantic who do not know the delights of the "secret eaters" program, do google!

It's a difficult balance this, eating and sleeping for energy, yet neither delivering when required. But is it so bad? After all it is Valentine's Day soon and therefore the month of love-yourself-very-much. After be-mean-to-be-thin January, February is the complete opposite where we are free to be true to ourselves and our desires and encouraged to indulge-to-impress, be it with chocolate, flowers, steak, yoga, chestnut brownies, etc.

So indulge I did, and only with a bar of gluten and dairy free chocolate, as I could not muster the energy to cook. And it might have been 18x3x1 inches in size and I did not have to share, but I was being nice to myself, and so should you...?


No comments:

Post a Comment