Sunday 30 November 2014

American style cheddar "biscuits", yum



I like to take my time over breakfast and savour the smell of brewing coffee, luxuriating over the coffee itself rather than pining for the caffeine... Real breakfast is the preserve of the time-rich. Setting the table, putting my almond milk into the machine that turns it into foam (unsuccessfully, but I don't complain), beckoning bacon in the oven, eggs on the stove. And of course, the smell of Ina's cheddar buttermilk biscuits, either freshly baked or defrosted, is a warm comforting hug. 

And I can't even eat it. Not yet, anyway. One day, one day I'll eat you, cheddar biscuits, in true duck&thyme style -gluten, dairy and egg free. In the mean time, I'll enjoy my yummilicious homemade strawberry by itself.


No comments:

Post a Comment