Friday 28 November 2014

Larousse and Ina



As part of my recovery and to keep my mind focused on something other than that, I am beginning a two part challenge of cooking my way through Larousse Gastronomique (only because I read somewhere that Marcus Wareing, who has somehow managed this year to be frightfully hot, loves the book) and all of Ina Garten's recipe books. I need to start somewhere so today I purchased the books from Amazon, which are expected to arrive in two days, and that would give me time to convince the family that it would be a good idea to be both sponsor and guinea pig. After all, I read the reviews of the "bible" and apparently there are 3800 recipes within - hopefully, my dishing out skills will also be good enough to meet the French standards i.e. small, in order that my guinea pigs should stay french-fully thin. And if you have cooked a la Barefoot Contessa, where recipes begin and end with a pound of butter, you would understand what I mean.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention that I am intolerant to, amongst others, wheat, rice, soya, eggs, dairy, yeast, which means my food intake primarily consists of protein, vegetables and potatoes. Hopefully I actually get to try one or two recipes which might turn out to be rather fun! 

I'm off to stock up on butter, mmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment