Monday 19 January 2015

Cholesterol free...?



I have always counted myself lucky despite my intolerances as I am allowed to eat unlimited amounts of vegetables, seafood and meat. A recent blood test has come back with an agenda to deprive me of my (only) sense of food-fortuity, as it would appear - or given the fact based nature of a blood test, state - that my cholesterol levels are way off the chart. As my cholesterol levels a couple years back was below the normal range, my dear doctor has told me, without batting those long eye lashes one bit, that I must cut down on red meat and shellfish. He did say that should I really want and need red meat, he would allow really gamey red meat - not grouse, more ostrich... Nope, no eyelash movement whatsoever.

Back in the real world, I am righteously indignant over this whole meat&shellfish-fracas. And since a friend insisted that being hungry often keeps cholesterol levels down, I now have the following options: ostrich vs hunger. 

Such delightful options puts me at real risk of reconsidering myself lucky. While I ponder that - Korean 100% green bean vermicelli with peas and pancetta (pork is white meat, I insist!):



No comments:

Post a Comment